In achieving development results, UNDP places people, their capabilities, values and aspirations at the heart of its strategy. It acknowledges that its staff are the core asset of UNDP.
Our expectation is simple – we want to recruit the most talented individuals to work at UNDP, and provide them with the right conditions to perform at their best to help us achieve our development goals in Cambodia.
- Search for Talent – we constantly look for talented individuals with different levels of experience who demonstrate the highest standard of efficiency, competency and integrity to join our team.
- Conditions of Service – the capacities, aspirations, values and development needs of our staff are at the heart of our organizational effectiveness. We promote opportunities for staff to learn new skills, to strive to improve in their work, to achieve their career goals and to keep up with the ever-changing work environment.
- Work Environment – in addition to offering rewarding job opportunities, we promote a healthy working environment by encouraging all staff to have a good work-life balance.
Career & Exposure Opportunities with UNDP
UNDP Cambodia offers opportunities to students, fresh graduates and experienced candidates to work with us.
Job Opportunities for Experienced Staff
We look for talented and experienced national and international staff, from entry level to mid level management and advisory positions.
For more information, please visit our current vacancies at: http://www.un.org.kh/undp/work-with-us/jobs.
Young Professional Officer (YPO) Programme
The YPO initiative was first launched in Cambodia in 2008 with the purpose of fostering talent and providing opportunities to young Cambodians. The programme is open to recent Master’s degree graduates and the aim is to help them kick start their career through “on-the-job” professional development.
The assignment is for a period of 12 to 18 months. It involves intensive hands-on experience in management practices (HR, finance, ICT, procurement, administration) and/or development and advisory practices (programmes, projects, research, communications, monitoring and evaluation).
- Recent graduates with Master’s degree
- Less than one year of work experience
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
Fresh graduates looking for challenging opportunities and hands-on experience are invited to visit our website http://www.un.org.kh/undp/work-with-us/jobs. The programme has intakes in July and December every year.
UN Volunteers (UNV) programme
Individuals, who are interested in contributing to the development programmes and activities through volunteering are invited to explore such opportunities at http://www.unv.org/how-to-volunteer.html for international assignments or at http://www.un.org.kh/unv/beta/ for local assignments (for Cambodian nationals only).
UNV volunteer modalities:
- National UNV Specialists – work in close collaboration with local communities and extend support to community-based initiatives, networking, bridging and exchange. Individuals, who are at least 25 years old, with a university degree and three years of experience in their field of expertise may join us through this programme.
- National UNV Community Exchange Workers – work at the district or community level to help implement agency activities. Individuals, who are at least 21 years old, with two years of work experience, particularly working at the community level, may join us through this programme.
- International UNV Specialists – work in technical cooperation with governments, with community-based initiatives, in humanitarian relief and rehabilitation and in support of human rights, electoral and peace-building processes. An individual who has Master's degree and two years of experience with a strong commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism, and an ability to work in a multicultural environment may join us through this programme by registering in the global roster at http://www.unv.org/how-to-volunteer.html.
The Internship Programme offers students from diverse academic backgrounds practical work assignments and exposure to the work with the United Nations. Over the last two years, we have hosted more than 100 local and international interns at UNDP, UNIAP, UNIFEM, UNOPS, UNAIDS, and UNV in various categories of functions in the country office and in projects.
Selection Criteria and Conditions of Service:
- Applicants must be currently studying at university
- Work experience is not required
- Full or part time internships are accepted
- Internship duration ranges from six weeks to six months
- Internship is not remunerated